Get connected to the Lake Kanasatka Watershed Association
Are you a member of the LKWA?
We welcome your continued membership in our organization to ensure our future success. This is what your watershed association does for you:
- Monitor and sample the water quality and keep a database of its changes. Each year we collect different measurements/samples that tell us what is going on within the water column. We collect water transparency measurements as well as measurements of phosphorus, temperature, oxygen, conductivity (a surrogate for salts), turbidity (particulate matter), pH etc. from the surface down to the lake bottom.
- Protect local wildlife – by working with various organizations. Members of LKWA work in coordination with the Loon Preservation Committee to aid in the placing of loon rafts, help with the annual loon count, watch and protect animals and loons from dangerous predators, both domestic and wild.
- Watch the surrounding land use and construction activities. Guarding against the major development of areas around the lake have historically been the goal of your Watershed Association. On many occasions reports have come from around the lake by people concerned about construction projects and their impact on the lake. To be sure that our watershed remains clean and safe, your Lake Association has provided guidance and referrals.
- Support other environmental protection organizations. The Lake Kanasatka Watershed Association contributes money and works with several groups in the state: The NH Lakes Association, the Lake Winnipesaukee Association, the Squam Lakes Association, the Loon Preservation Committee, and the Lakes Region Conservation Trust.
- Educate our members in proper land and water use. Past meetings have had guests from various organizations.
To renew your membership or to join please mail your annual $35 check to:
Lake Kanasatka Watershed Association
PO Box 774
Center Harbor, NH 03226
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Our Mailing List
Fill out this simple form to join our mailing list and receive our newsletter. We will never sell or trade your information. It will only be used to communicate with you regarding LKWA matters.